Egyptian Goose Call

Discuss goose calls, goose calling tips, and all questions about goose calls.

Moderators: huntguy04, field-n-feathers

Egyptian Goose Call

Postby Palumbus » Wed May 20, 2009 10:09 am

Hiya all,

In an internet search for a huntingcall for Egyptian geese, i ended up here.
Maybe on eof you know if it exists at all..

We have a lot (understatement) of socalled Egyptian Goose here. (The Netherlands)
Now we are trying to find a huntingcall for those birds.

I dont know if those birds live in the US at all, but i expect they do.
Over here they all decent from some escaped birds and are now with tens of thousands..

gr
Gerard
Palumbus

Postby fisherhunter460 » Wed May 20, 2009 11:50 am

I've got to be honest. I have never heard of them in the US. I have never seen one in my region. I don't think they are here, but I could be wrong. I also have never heard of a call manufactured for Egyptian Geese. But good luck in your search. You may have to design your own. and sell it on the market for some cash. You may even try making a recording of them and use an electric caller if they are legal in the Netherlands. Either way good luck to you and hopefully some one else can help you better than I can.
fisherhunter460
Site Moderator

Postby Palumbus » Wed May 20, 2009 2:38 pm

fisherhunter460 wrote: You may have to design your own. and sell it on the market for some cash.

:)Would be very profitable here !! :)

You may even try making a recording of them and use an electric caller if they are legal in the Netherlands.

Nope, very illegal in the Netherlands

At the moment searching on egyptian sites, but cant make much of the language :)

gr
Palumbus

Postby fisherhunter460 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Hahaha. Sorry mate. Wish there was something else we could do for ya. Good luck and slaughter some geese.
fisherhunter460
Site Moderator

Postby duckman1106 » Thu May 21, 2009 12:35 am

Try and posting a sound file of what call they make. The guys on this site might be able to come up with how you can modify a call manufactured for North American geese or simply make a different type of sound into a stock call. You may be able to use a high or low pitched canada goose call, a snow goose call, or a specklebelly call to replicate what Egyptian geese do. Do they honk, warble, whistle, or anything similar?

I did find this tidbit:

"Male and female look similar but the male is larger; easiest distinguished on the basis of their call: whereas the male hisses mainly, the female honks mainly."

Sounds like you might be able to use a canada call, depending on what the female's honk sounds like.
duckman1106

Postby duckman1106 » Thu May 21, 2009 12:40 am

Ok, looked a little more and found this link. Sounds a little more like a duck or a farm goose than a canada goose or any other native wild goose here. I'm thinking a duck call would come closer, maybe a gadwall call?

http://www.xeno-canto.org/europe/specie ... aegyptiaca
duckman1106

Postby Palumbus » Thu May 21, 2009 4:33 pm

These are two soundrecordings of the Nilegoose:

Sound 1
and number two
Sound 2

It would be very nice if someone could point me to a stock-Canadagoose- call to use because we also have Canadageese here on the 'Exotic-list'
(wich means no limits whatsoever) and as dinner equal favorit for the kids.

Some info in English: here

Thanks in advance

-------------------
And the 'slaugthering' is going well :)
Just had my first double-shot Barnacle Goose.....

Gerard
Palumbus

Postby fisherhunter460 » Thu May 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Lots of good choices out there. Everyone has their favorites. It be hard to lead you in any one direction.

Look up such call manufacturers as, zink, foiles, tim grounds, sean mann, buck gardner, lynch mob, Gk calls, and the list can continue. Right now I am using a Shawn Stahl SS-1 and SS-2. I like them both pretty well. I've also tried a few Zink calls and am pleased with them. And of course I've used a few cheap no name calls as well. I would recommend browsing the calling forums. There is a ton of info and likely all your questions have already been answered some where.

Most importantly, as every one hear says, go to a store and try them out if you can. No one can recommend what the right call for you is going to be.

Good luck with your quest!!!
fisherhunter460
Site Moderator

Re: Egyptian Goose Call

Postby TerranoII » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:20 am

Palumbus - did you ever get success with the Egyptian Goose calls?

We get them by the bucket load in South Africa and I have a few calls I have built up.

Let me know how you have progressed.

Cheers
TerranoII

Re:

Postby TimTodd » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:16 am

duckman1106 wrote:Ok, looked a little more and found this link. Sounds a little more like a duck or a farm goose than a canada goose or any other native wild goose here. I'm thinking a duck call would come closer, maybe a gadwall call?

There are solid long bow strings here: https://www.prolinebowstrings.com/bowstrings/longbow-and-recurve-bowstrings/

I used to use this one back in the day. Worked well for me.
TimTodd

Return to Goose Calling Forum